Friday, February 18, 2011

More NY fashion week...YAY?!

I love fashion week, but it also stresses me out. I feel like I need to see every single collection or I am a complete failure. I know, it's ridiculous. There is a fashion week in four different cities. That is a month of fashion shows that I would have to inspect and form opinions on and truthfully I just don't have it in me. I do the best I can, and if I have to deal with my own mediocrity then so do you. Anyway, here are a couple more shows that I appreciated.

Lela Rose
I know that I instantly just lost "cool" points simply by putting her name on my list of favorites. Usually a Lela Rose collection looks like a wedding party and all it's guests threw up on some semi conservative clothing and walked down a runway. While I enjoy some of her conventional pieces from the past, this collection really stands out as a strong over all show. She used artist Gerhard Richter as her source of  inspiration to create brushstroke-like abstract graphics to her garments. Still providing us with her signature super feminine look, I feel as though this fall compilation caters to a younger eccentric audience. Lela Rose finally put the perfect spin on flirty feminine, which is something I haven't seen from her in several seasons past.
 Lela Rose Fall 2011 Ready-to-WearLela Rose Fall 2011 Ready-to-WearLela Rose Fall 2011 Ready-to-WearLela Rose Fall 2011 Ready-to-WearLela Rose Fall 2011 Ready-to-WearLela Rose Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear     
Marchesa
If I were a fashion photographer, I'd probably make my models wear something from this collection in every photo shoot this season. Everything is just so...interesting. The shapes are incredible, and while some may argue that these garments are completely unwearable, I believe that they are and will be for the right woman. Probably a very dramatic one. The immense amounts of  lace and tulle along with meticulous hand crafting, results in a whimsical, magical and even at times a bit gothic, deconstructed romantic feel. Not everyone can pull off pieces like these, but if they could, the collection wouldn't be nearly as interesting now would it?
Marchesa Fall 2011 Ready-to-WearMarchesa Fall 2011 Ready-to-WearMarchesa Fall 2011 Ready-to-WearMarchesa Fall 2011 Ready-to-WearMarchesa Fall 2011 Ready-to-WearMarchesa Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear

No comments:

Post a Comment