Wednesday, February 16, 2011

New things up on Etsy!

I use to have an eBay account where a friend and I sold vintage. This was in my university years and it was hard work but it was honestly one of the most rewarding "jobs" I have ever had. That venture, in addition to my internship with a vintage boutique where I was an intern who was only paid in vintage (.best.job.ever.), has had a lasting impression on me. I really don't believe I will be truly happy working with anything else other than vintage clothing. It is my true passion and it is where my heart lies. Forget that I could barely afford food or to pay my bills, I was still completely satisfied getting paid in old moth ball ridden garments than I have been doing almost anything else.

Apparently eBay isn't where it's at anymore though. I was told Etsy is the new and improved eBay for vintage and that if I wanted to get any sales at all I needed to relocate there. I thought it'd be easy but it wasn't. I am not use to the format or use to naming my own prices. I am not use to having to market myself or network in order to obtain better sales. I'm just not really good at that sort of thing. I am more of a private person I suppose. I tend to keep to myself. But as I stated in my first blog entry, I need to break out of my comfort zone and start expressing myself and believing that I too have something to say. I read countless blogs on all sorts of matters and I even read other peoples comments but I hardly ever go so far as to post my own opinions. Maybe I am an voyeur. In the blogging sense at least.

Through all my struggles I still somehow managed to conjure up a decent looking Etsy account. It still has a long way to go and needs much improvement but I don't think it's too bad for my first go. Plus, this time I am doing this all by myself. No more partner, which is kind of sad because she and I were a great team. Luckily my awesome roommate and good friend Alanna (yes, we both have the same name) has been gracious enough to be my model so that I don't have to use the odd headless/limbless dress form we have sitting on our table in the kitchen. Something like that modeling my clothes is not really relatable in any way. No offense to any headless/limbless folks out there. You are a special breed.

Here is a preview of a couple items up right now, and there are several more in the works. If these seem interesting to you, have a look at my store on Etsy at Oceans Of Time.


floral spring strapless tube dresshippie puff sleeve button down1950's Polka Dot Tulle Dressmetallic floral party dress

No comments:

Post a Comment